Thursday, February 7, 2008

Road to Subbing

Today I received a list of criteria for Student Teaching in Jersey City from Dr. O’Brien. I first called Sagem Morpho, Inc. (877) 503-5981 or you can go on their website (www.bioapplicant.com/nj) to make arrangements for The Fingerprint Process. The application fee I paid was $78.00. I heading off on Friday to be official fingerprinted with my official photo ID. Seondly, I had to get two Postal Money Orders. One made out to The Commissioner of Education for a County Substitute Certificate, costing $75.00 in cash and the second for the State of New Jersey, costing $7.00 in cash. Learn from my mistakes, I did not bring cash to the post office and so a second trip on an even longer line awaited me. Thirdly, I made arrangements for my Official Transcripts to be sent to Mrs. Gevonder DuPree, Jersey City Board of Education, 346 Claremont Avenue, Jersey City, N.J. 07305.

Tomorrow, I continue the process. I have to call the J.C. Board of Education (201) 915-6242 between 10:00 am to 2:00 PM to make an appointment to return my completed application on a mutually agreed upon date. I must bring two forms of ID then. After dropping off the application at the Jersey City Board of Education, they will arrange a physical for me. If I fail to supply all information necessary, then there will be a delay processing my application.

My warning to you is, if you are going to teach, get your substitute license as soon as possible. Do not hesitate because you will be the loser!

1 comment:

Dr. Luongo said...

I wish I could say it gets easier. However, I remember getting the standard certificate being a hassle as well.

So, I guess just grin and bear it.

Good luck!

Keep us updated. your information will help everyone....